Sunday 12 January 2014

What Every Student Should Know (especially the "nerds"!)

Being a student, you have to know how to time manage and organize yourself. Set goals! Seriously, it helps! But another important thing all students should know (I never really realized this until this year actually...which sucks because I have a year and a half left of school) is to get a life! LOL, seriously speaking, everyone needs a hobby. And it can be anything! Dance, sing, sew, garden, watch movies (my personal favourite thing to do), play sports -- whatever! The sky is the limit! The main goal is to leave some time for yourself.

If you're the average student like me, you will probably agree with me when I say school always seems to be getting in the way of everything. For example, this blog itself. It'll be hard for me to keep up writing blog posts because a new semester has started and work is already piling up. However, I will treat this blog as an occasional escape from school and blog as much as I can.

In the many years of being a student, I'd always have a certain hate towards school (as do a lot of students). And it occurred to me recently that it was because of the fact that I felt trapped. I would always imagine it to being very similar to prison. You wake up early, eat (sometimes), sit in a jail cell (a.k.a. classroom) for hours on end, eat again, do chores (a.k.a. homework), and then go to sleep. Boring!

Take a break from school work and do something for yourself! Be selfish! I know it sounds like common sense, but not everyone does it. 

Good luck!

1 comment: