Saturday 9 August 2014

THE CHANGE CHALLENGE!

Hello all! It has been awhile since I've blogged and I have to admit that I never thought I'd be back on this blog. I lost all motivation for this blog (and for other things as well) and it wasn't until recently that I got back on my feet!

Anyway, I could go on and on about that but that is not the purpose of this blog post! This post is to introduce to you the challenge that I have recently started and that I have decided to document! What better way to document my progress than on my blog?

So why am I starting this challenge? I was inspired to take up this challenge by famous Viner and entrepreneur, Jerome Jarre. I watched his TEDxYouth video and was instantly intrigued! To summarize, Jerome was yearning for a change in his life and he found that the only way to do that was to create challenges for himself. He started to take cold showers every day for 30 days, he lay down on the busiest road in France and started to make Vine videos even before it became famous. After overcoming these challenges, he realized his life was starting to change! If you watch the video, let's just say I said yes to his proposal. ;)

I came across this video at the right time because I currently have been looking for change in my life. Have you ever told yourself you aren't happy with the person that you are? It's a sad question but it happens. And in my case, I have constantly been telling myself that for the past year or so. I know that sounds depressing and let me be the one to tell you, it IS. What made it worse is that I had zero motivation to make a change. I was always hoping and wishing and waiting for something to happen and I thought that (magically) my life would change before my eyes. Spoiler alert: You can't wait for change, you have to be the change!

The challenge: I have to do one thing/activity, every day, for a week that is different than what I am used to. It could be something out of my comfort zone. It could be something that I have been wanting to do for so long but never got around to doing it. It could be something so simple and easy. Whatever it is, it has to be something that will change my life in a positive way. I could choose to continue to do the activity for more than a week but I have to start a different challenge every week. So for example, if my challenge is to take cold showers, I can continue to take cold showers even after the week is complete but I need to start a new challenge for the new week.

I thought about it, and I realized this challenge may seem a little selfish but that's the whole point -- this challenge is about me and me only (this includes me not caring about what other people say or think)! So after all these years of waiting for good things to happen, I'm going to get off my ass and actually do something about it!

Hope you enjoy this journey as much I will! Huzzah! LOL!

Now here's a picture of me genuinely laughing. Yes, I'm in a van. And yes, this is a screenshot from a video. And yes, I posted this because I look happy (and good).


Stop looking for change! Be the change!

No comments:

Post a Comment